Introduction about incest websites
Incest is mainly defined as sexual activity with a person from within the immediate family. However, the exact nature of relationships may vary from culture to culture. This act can involve parents, uncle, aunt, siblings. It can also refer to the sexual relationship between the stepfather, stepmother, half-siblings, etc. Different incest websites available around the world. Some of the facts these websites do provide have been discussed in this article.
Some of the factors that lead to incest
- The disturbances faced during childhood can lead someone to go for incest. They are normally mentally sick and they need help.
- Sometimes to feel the power, some people get engaged in some sexual activity with younger people. The reason for this is that in their childhood they did not get the required love and affection.
- Sometimes the differences between the spouses can lead the father attracted towards his daughter. The families where there is any verbal or any physical fighting between the spouses may increase the risk of father-daughter incest by five-fold.
- In the case of some failing marriages, the elder daughter takes the responsibility of her mother like taking care of younger siblings, cooking, and cleaning. At the same time, the stepfather or in some cases the own father expects her to fulfill their sexual desires also.
- The families where the father-daughter nakedness has been accepted increased the risk.
- Homes having a single-parent mother or where there is divorce/death of the father that resulted in another man living in the same home can triple the risk.
- There may be the chance that the kids never got the affection of the mother. This may lead to chances that daughters are attracted to their father.
Some of the typical signs of incest
In most of the cases, the offender is reported as male. Sibling incest is the one of the most common form of incest. The abuse of daughters by fathers or the stepfathers is also more commonly reported. The rate of abuse by the stepfather is 5 times more as compared to the biological father. In these cases, the father or stepfather in mentally sick and having low esteem and the wife is emotionally unstable, depressed, and helpless. Some of the physical symptoms include vaginal pain, vaginal discharge, bedwetting, constipation, and bleeding. The psychological symptoms include nightmares, sleep disorders, withdrawal, poor concentration, and poor performance at school.
Precautionary steps to take about incest
- One should accept and believe that the fact that incest could happen in any family or home. Denying this possibility may lead to creating an unsafe environment for a child.
- One should seek help for their abuse if any. If someone is a survivor of incest themselves, the impact of their own abuse may be affecting their behavior also. Survivors may show overprotective behavior that may end up obstructing their children’s development rather than enabling independence.
- One should watch out for the warning signs. Some of the children may not be able to disclose how they are being abused, certain abnormal behaviors or signs, such as inappropriate sexual behavior with other kids or writing the stories about sex or abuse, normally indicate that the child is facing sexual abuse. Some general symptoms such as frequent illnesses, eating disturbances, and withdrawal and isolation, are also signs of distress in a child.
- One should educate themselves. They should read about incest on the different incest websites and try to follow those organizations who are working on the issuer. If there is an organization near the city those are working on incest/CSA then one can volunteer with them or see if they are organizing any workshops and training programs that one can attend.
- Most importantly the children should know that sex is not something to be embarrassed about. It is up to the adults or the mature family members to teach them their rights and tell the kids that it’s OK to say ‘no’ even to any adult. Children should also know whom they can go to in case someone does something to them which makes them feel uncomfortable.